Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The First Week of the Messiah....
1. Proposed raising C.A.F.E. standards for automobiles while at the same time stating ""Our goal is not to further burden an already struggling industry".
2. Directs EPA to allow states to set their own tailpipe emissions standards.
Unintended Consequences of 1 and 2: Detroit will be a wasteland within three years. America will import 80% of it's vehicles by 2020. The 20% made in America will be called the "Honda-Ford Hybrid One Size Fits All Machine".
2. Gave his first TV interview to an Arabic television station.
3. Gets a tax cheat appointed to run the Treasury.
4. Gives a tax cheat $816 Billion to play with.
Unintended consequences of 3 and 4: Ideology of Messiah and Tax Cheat fails to focus on tax rebates which will help in the short term but instead focuses on jobs programs that will take years to stimulate the economy. CBO Report
6. Fails to withdraw troops from Iraq.
THAT'S CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!!!
Posted by Rogue